The IMMERSIVITE project
The IMMERSIVITE project (Immersion in a conversational, expressive and virtual training environment) is funded by the competitive cluster Images et Réseaux.
This project is intended for the distance learning market. The goal is to develop a set of innovative software for the use of serious games creators (serious games being video games intended for learning or training for management emergencies). This set aims to improve the interaction between users and NPCs (Non-Player Characters). Currently, there is no technology dedicated to credible virtual character animation among industrials. And yet, to be truly efficient a serious game must have expressive characters and realistic interactions.
To rectify this situation, the IMMERSIVITE project is developing a software kit that includes:
- An intelligent virtual environment: MASCARET
- A natural and spontaneous dialog engine: NabuTalk
- An expressive facial animation engine: Director RT
- A facial analysis engine: Observer
- A voice recognition module: Speech API
- A voice synthesis module: Baratinoo
- Dialonics (Lannion)
- Dynamixyz (Rennes)
- Virtualys (Brest)
– 1 academic and research institution
- Supelec (Rennes)